Saturday 5 May 2012

Message for Messenger

I mentioned the blog Don't Shoot The Messenger in my last post. It's run by a colleague of mine called The Messenger who I've never met (because he lives in the shared apartment complex where most of the group live but I live in my own apartment with Theta) or worked with (because he's never fucked his job up so horrendously that I've needed to get involved). Theta and some of the others that I talk to more regularly know him well enough though and I've been reading his blog for quite a long time, so when I saw that he was having a rough time of things earlier in the week, I drove over to the complex and tried to pay him a visit but he wasn't opening his door.

A couple of days ago, things seemed to be getting worse but I decided to wait to see if another colleague of ours, a good guy by the name of Zombie, was going to drop by and check on him. However, yesterday, I found out from Zombie's room-mate, a guy called Muad'Dib (who just started his own blog called Tall, Dark and Slender - I know, subtle name, right?), that he hadn't been letting either of them in. So, just on the off chance that I might be able to help, I stole Theta's car keys again and moseyed on over to see what I could do.

It took me a few minutes to find Messenger's apartment and then, when I did, it took even longer to convince him to open up. Eventually, after I told him I was just there to see how he was, not to lecture him, he let me in but it wasn't a pleasant stay. The guy obviously hadn't bathed in some time and there was an awful smell of decay coming from somewhere in the apartment that I can only hope was rotting food. I couldn't tell if he was fucked out of it from pills, alcohol or just good old-fashioned sleep deprivation but he clearly wasn't with it. I tried to talk to him for a little while but he spent a third of the time not even noticing I was talking and another third of it talking to someone who wasn't there. When he did actually respond to me, it was mostly one-word answers, which meant this guy was actually an even worse conversationalist than Theta, which I genuinely didn't think was possible. Then, all of a sudden, he started getting really agitated and told me to leave. I was kind of intimidated, to be honest, which is weird, because the dude is smaller and weaker than me anyway without him being fucked up to his eyeballs but there was something in his eyes and I felt like my time there was up.

For anyone reading his blog who was hoping for more than that, I'm sorry. I did the best I could but he's fucked up real bad. I don't know if there's anything anyone can do, let alone little old me.

8 comments:

  1. He sounds like just another Victim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're all just another bunch of victims. The problem is that some people think they can judge and pity us. We don't want pity. Pity is arrogant and comes from on high to down low.

      Delete
    2. Trouble is, I agree with you. If he doesn't start feeding himself soon, though, there will be bigger issues to deal with than debates over the morality of judgmental bloggers. You may be required to come clean HIM up, rather than just his mess.

      Delete
    3. I know and I wish I could do something but it's out of my hands. Now, it's a matter for Tempest, Jacob, Zombie and, potentially, Eddie. There's nothing more I can do.

      Delete
    4. Wasn't Nee-chan close to him once? Why do people refuse to talk about her? He wouldn't let her inside, but I can't imagine she would give up after one try..

      Delete
    5. I dunno if she's been let in but she definitely tried a few more times. Honestly, I only think he let me in because I'm not close to him at all. If he's not letting Nee-chan in, it's probably because she reminds him of Poe - just like Zombie and Muad'Dib. He doesn't have any association between Poe and I though. The reason I didn't mention Nee-chan just now is because if Messi's going to hurt himself in some way, it's not Nee-chan who'll be dealing with the fallout, it'll be either Tempest, our handler, Jacob, our financier, Zombie, our doctor, or Eddie, our caretaker.

      Delete
  2. Stop being boring. I thought you were cool, man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you spoken to Tempest yet? You threatened it over on Messi's blog, but so far no dice.

    ReplyDelete